Created by imagination • Led by inspiration • Fulfilled by public participation
NATURE'S BEST PHOTOGRAPHY FUND
OUR MISSION: To recognize, celebrate, and display the creative talents and achievements of nature photographers of all ages, cultures, and levels of experience and to use this visually dynamic and information rich medium as a resource for education, artistic expression, personal inspiration, and public participation.
We are very excited about launching this new program as we focus on how to best assist and support the many photographers who dedicate their time and energy to share with us the natural wonders of earth. Ultimately, it is their images that will reach and enlighten the general public while inspiring greater interest in the stewardship of our natural heritage.
We want to be clear that this is a project open to everyone who has a favorite image of nature to share. Whether you are a professional, amateur, or just beginning your journey into nature photography we encourage your participation. Every level of experience is equal in our eyes as it is the image itself and the story it tells that determines our selection.
THE NBP FUND is a project supported by the public for public presentation. We need your help to reach the goals we have set forth. As we launch our new blog named imagehunters.org, here is a preliminary list of areas where we need your support:
Nature’s Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards
This program has become one of the most widely respected nature photography awards in the world. It includes an annual photography competition, a large-format print exhibition at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History, a High Definition video presentation, and numerous online gallery features.
Your support will do the following:
• Allow us to host an annual event at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History in Washington, DC, where Award-winning photographers will be recognized for their creative talent and witness first-hand their image displayed in the Museum print exhibition.
• Allow us to provide the Award winners with brass medallions to provide them with a lifetime symbol of their achievement.
• Allow us to put needed camera equipment and outdoor gear into the hands of the photographers who need it the most. Our goal is to help them improve their opportunities as their skills develop.
• Enhance the exhibition space through new lighting, sound, and projection systems.
• Allow us to travel the exhibition, making it available to museums and galleries worldwide.
• Allow us to launch a Nature’s Best Photographers Speaker Series, where Award winning photographers may share their talent and outdoor experiences with public audiences.
• Allow us to grow the Nature’s Best Ambassador program to extend our connection with photographers worldwide as they explore the wild, participate in research projects, and document their ongoing adventures afield.
• Support multimedia presentations of nature photography, blending still imagery and live footage into television programming and HD video displays for exhibitions and online displays.
Conservation Photographer of the Year Award
This prestigious award was created to recognize a special individual who has used his or her skills as a nature photographer to implement meaningful and measurable conservation efforts that inform and educate the public about environmental concerns and resolution opportunities. Nominations are accepted from the public each year as part of the Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards competition.
Become a part of our team as we build a legacy of celebration, inspiration, and motivation through the art of photography.
CONTACT Awards Chairman, Stephen Freligh by email at firstname.lastname@example.org